Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cute Halloween Ideas!
























I found some really cute Halloween ideas and thought I would share a few!

Yummy Mummy


**I never use measurements for this guy...but here's what he's made of**


**cream cheese**
**shredded cheddar cheese**
**sliced green onions {include some greens}**
**sliced deli ham**
Using a stand mixer, combine all ingredients and dump out onto your serving platter. I like to use a parchment lined rectangular platter. Using your hands, shape the mixture into logs and then flatten the logs to resemble arms and legs. Make the body of the mummy by shaping the mixture into a flattened rectangle. In another bowl, beat additional cream cheese with a couple of tablespoons milk until creamy and pipe-able. Put this mixture into a cake decorating bag fitted with a flat sided cake tip. Pipe the bandages, criss-crossing the stripes and leaving little gaps to expose the cream cheese mixture beneath. At the ends of the arms, pipe some of the strips onto your parchment {if using} or your platter as if the mummy is being unraveled. Add small chunks of olives for eyes and a small slash of roasted red pepper for a mouth. Serve with crackers and/or crudites.

Isn't this the funniest costume?

I also saw an Earl and Joy costume from My Name is Earl. That would be really funny too!!

If you are looking for fun ideas, go to Tip Junkie. I signed up for their email newsletter and I get all kinds of fun stuff with the links to their sites/blogs in my email. I will warn you that it is a MAJOR time sucker, so plan ahead and make sure you have the time allotted to go through all these great ideas!

No comments: